In response to COVID-19, instructors throughout the world are seeking to integrate online technology in effective and creative ways. In response, my old friend Maxim Jean-Louis has asked me to do a webinar for Contact North, a distance learning organization in Ontario, Canada, related to ways to engage and motivation youth and adults in online classes. The session will be free on Monday June 29th from 10:15-11:15 EST and the title is: “How to Motivate and Retain Learners Online.” At present, there is a 200 person cap. We can increase that to 300. See registration link at the bottom.
In this session, you will learn 10 fully documented and theoretically driven motivational principles that foster interactivity and engagement online. You will learn how to inspire your online learners with an assembly of meaningful and purposeful learning activities. Simply put, bored and unengaged online learners will be a thing of the past.
- Do you need examples of high-end online and blended learning success?
- Would you like to redesign your online and blended courses with greater flexibility, choice, feedback, collaboration, and product-driven learning?
- Would you like a realistic path toward meaningful and engaging online learning?
- Would you like a simple and flexible framework, model, or toolkit for motivating online learners that works?
- Do you want research backed and proven interactive online ideas and activities?
- Would you benefit from detailed time, risk, and cost guidelines for each activity you select?
So if you know anyone who needs training on how to teach online, please let them know. The content for the session will be based on my free book, “Adding Some TEC-VARIETY” (Entire book: http://tec-variety.com/ or by chapter: http://tec-variety.com/freestuff.php). This book has been downloaded more than 250,000 times. It is available as a free download in Chinese and English.
The registration details are below and attached. Feel free to pass on. Note: Contact North has many other free Webinar sessions including how to teach in Zoom as well as Zoom security taught by my friend Dr. Ron Owston from York University (see link below).
Contact North | Contact Nord Webinars: https://teachonline.ca/webinars
Registration link: https://contactnorth.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_lwQ-hTSkRmqm2Kg-sxBZaA
“As a community-based organization, Contact North | Contact Nord helps underserved Ontarians in 600 small, rural, remote, Indigenous and Francophone communities get jobs by making it possible for them to access education and training without leaving their communities.”
Contact North_June 29 Session–How to Motivate and Retain Online Learners